LHTEE is capable of offering various services either at national or at international level, individually or in collaboration with other laboratories and enterprises in the following fields:
- Emissions database maintenance and support services on operational air quality simulation and forecasting.
- Assessment of air quality and microclimatic impacts from middle- and large-scale urban intervention plans.
- Assessment of air quality impacts of industrial units for the application of the environmental terms of operation.
- Technical support for the evaluation, validation and intercomparison of air quality models.
- Technical support in issues related to the protection and management of the environment (waste management, energy systems, air pollution).
- Evaluation of deliverables from qualification project for managers of solid waste facilities.
- Support of the waste management authorities in further promoting recycling, composting and waste-to-energy.
- Optimization of waste collection and recyclable packaging.
- Feasibility assessment of biomass energetic utilization.
- Zero waste, low cost master plans for municipalities.
- Investigation of the production possibilities of 2nd generation biodiesel from biomass fractions of municipal and industrial wastes.
- Assessment of the impact of long-term storage of biodiesel.
- Technical consultant for the energy refurbishment of schools.
- Integrated evaluation of retrospective thermal insulation solutions.
- Energy consulting and sustainable development for the design study of schools.
- Energy efficiency, renewable energy sources and environmental impacts- master studies.
National consulting activities
- Waste Management
LHTEE is proud to be the first Laboratory in the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki to be certified to an ISO 9001:2008 Standard by two independent certification organisations TÜV CERT and QMSCERT®.