LHTEE is capable of offering various services either at national or at international level, individually or in collaboration with other laboratories and enterprises in the following fields:
- Environmental impact assessment studies.
- Planning and analysis of air pollution abatement strategies.
- Consulting services in atmospheric environment protection.
- Technoeconomical studies in energy technology and waste management.
- Risk management of industrial plants.
- Assessments for Life Cycle Analysis and eco-design.
- Implementation of environmental management tools and regulations (ISO 14001, EMAS, Eco-label, IPPC).
- Recycling assessment studies.
- Investigation of the use, recycling and energy recovery of polyurethane derived from recycling of cooling systems.
- Preparation of preliminary design energy upgrade for school buildings.
- Definition of sustainable energy action plans within the “ENERGY FOR MAYORS” frame.
- Development of integrated waste management systems for municipalities.
- Integrated evaluation of alternative wall constructions as applied in various countries.
- Development of a software tool for the energy and environmental evaluation of buildings.
- Assessment of energy conservation measures in typical buildings according to the geographic and climatic regions.
- Pilot and demonstration projects for renewable energy sources (RES) in educational buildings.
- Statistics and quantitative methods in data mining and processing needs analysis and software development.
- Assessing the impact of long-term storage of biodiesel.
- Development and operation of air quality management software for supporting regulatory authorities
- Thermodynamic analysis of a solar operated domestic absorption refrigerator.
- Assesment of air pollutant emissions and effects on air quality from the use of alternative fuel mixes in the cement industry
- Quantification of fugitive dust emissions from mining activities
- Investigation of the separate collection of waste cooking oils.
- Environmental and energetic characterisation of a renewable fuel.
- Energetic utilisation of wastes in a biodiesel production plan.
- Energetic and environmental optimisation of a biodiesel production plant in a life cycle approach.
- Evaluation of Redwell infrared heating systems.
- Evaluation of night time electricity tariffs for refrigeration purposes.
- Environmental impact assessment, waste management strategies and waste analysis of hospitals.
- Measurements and monitoring of hospital waste and assessment of treatment options.
- Preliminary investigation of the combustion characteristics of a waste-derived fuel.
- Bioenergy district.
- Study for the implementation of high efficiency energy renovation measures at Water Supply and Sewerage Company headquarters.
- A guide for renovation measures in order to improve the energy efficiency of public buildings.
- Modelling, meteorological and result interpretation consultancy services for UK and International photocatalytic trials, to help provide promotional work for Millennium Inorganic Chemicals use in marketing the photocatalytic products.
- Assessment of air-pollution impacts and thermal burden from combined-cycle power plants.
- Environmental characterization of medical wastes incineration residues.
- Wastewater analysis of hospital.
- Review of state-of-the-art management techniques for bottom ash from waste incinerators.
- Energy saving potential in uninsulated buildings, using thermal facades and high efficiency windows.
- Quantification of the expected improvement of urban air quality, resulting from the proposed operation of a suburban sea transport service.
- Energy conservation study in a residential building.
- Software development for calculating thermal loads of the building's shell according to EN 13790.
- Improving the draft of the legislative act on the energy performance of buildings.
- Energy design guidelines for technopolis technological park.
- Inventorizing biomass potential for integrated energy utilization in a paper industry through combustion and anaerobic fermentation.
- Alternative management of packaging waste.
- Risk assessment of old waste disposal site.
- Investigation, identification and promotion of innovative business opportunities in utilising end products from end-of-life-tyres recycling.
- Characterization and management plans for hospital wastes.
- Preparation of national emission reduction and ambient air quality assessment programmes.
- Market mapping and system analysis for the implementation of a new system for the alternative management of packaging waste at national level.
- Feasibility study for a new photovoltaics facility.
- Development of a software application for the calculation of thermal conductivity of buildings including thermal bridges, with the establishment of the methodology and algorithms, the layout and framework of the software and databases.
- Methodology for the formation and the evaluation of municipal solid waste management scenarios on urban level.
- Study of the perspectives and the possibility of the adaptation of a “Pay-As-You-Throw” (PAYT) charging system. Management of Wastes Generated in a
- Management of wastes generated at dental units
- Restoration of uncontrolled landfill.
- Investigation of the recycling fees for various categories of waste electric and electronic equipment (WEEE).
- Master Plan for the construction of the underground parking.
- Analysis of air quality in a city in the framework of the development of a Master Plan for air pollution abatement.
- Development of a computational tool for an integrated management and design of desalination systems that use renewable energy sources (solar, wind, geothermal) as their energy carrier
- Consultancy services in the solid and toxic waste management study for a refinery.
- Assessment of the thermal pollution and the potential impact on local climate from the operation of the planned natural gas fired thermoelectric unit.
- Impact on air quality from the use of pet coke as a fuel in the furnaces of the ceramic products industry.
National consulting activities
- Waste Management
International consulting activities
LHTEE is proud to be the first Laboratory in the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki to be certified to an ISO 9001:2008 Standard by two independent certification organisations TÜV CERT and QMSCERT®.