(Overall mapping of physical flows and stocks of resources to forecast waste quantities in Europe and identify life-cycle environmental stakes of waste prevention and recycling.)
Objective: To provide an inventory of the historically cumulated physical stock of materials in EU-27 (EU-25 plus Romania and Bulgaria), and to forecast the expected amounts of waste generated, per resource category, in the next 25 years. Furthermore, an assessment of the life-cycle wide environmental impacts from different scenarios of waste prevention will be implemented concerning recycling and waste treatment in the EU-27.
LHTEE Contribution: Participation and contribution in most workpackages.
Funded by: Sixth Framework Programme
- Bureau de Recherches Géologiques et Minières, Orléans.
- 2.-0 LCA consultants ApS, Copenhagen.
- Resource Management Agency, Vienna.
- University of Technology - Institute for Water Quality and Waste Management, Vienna.
- University of Stuttgart – Institute of Sanitary, Water Quality and Solid Waste Management.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- Central Mining Institute, Katowice.