(Low Cost Zero Waste Municipality)
Objective: To develop, test and disseminate integrated zero waste management concepts for the participating regions in order to minimize municipal waste production, divert materials from landfilling and maximize material and energy recovery in a life cycle approach. The final objective is the creation of a harmonized European zero-waste methodology in the municipal sector (including its various segments), a roadmap for municipalities paving into the zero-waste field, as well as an interactive policy tool-box for goal-oriented municipal waste management adaptable in all EU countries, in the frame of a long-term sustainable development approach.
LHTEE Contribution: Participation and contribution in most workpackages.
Funded by: MED Programme - Protection of the environment and promotion of a sustainable territorial development (2007-2013)
- EFXINI POLI, Local Authorities Network for social, cultural, tourist, environmental and agricultural development, Greece
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Laboratory for Heat Transfer and Environmental Engineering, Greece
- Ecological Recycling Society, Greece
- Scientific research centre Bistra Ptuj, Slovenia
- ASAEL - Aragonese Association of Local Authorities, Spain
- Municipality of Ragusa, Italy
- BRGM - Office of Geological and Mineral Research, Regional Geological Service of Provence Alpes Côte-d’Azur, France